Ringly, a new, but already well known brand, designs and crafts jewelry that connects to your smart phone and notifies you about things that matter most. The jewelery is no only fashion forward, but it's functional. Ringly is discreetly integrating useful technology into our lives with both bracelets and rings that notify you using vibration patterns, when you get a call, email, text, or post on social media.Some people may think this new innovation is just another technological intrusion on our lives that makes us interact with people less, but it actually does exactly the opposite. Ringly vibrates with four different vibration patterns, and flashed four different colors, that you can customize. It takes us away from being glued to our screens and phones, and simply reminds or alerts us when we get notified, and then gives us the choice of whether or not it's an appropriate time to check our phone or computer.
Although Ringly is only taking pre-orders at this time, the jewelry is set to launch and be delivered by Winter of 2015. Designers like Rebecca Minkoff are also catching on to this new fad and designing their own tech-savvy jewelery collection.
Now the question is..... will you join in on this new fad and remain discreetly, while poshly, in touch?



I don't think that this is necessarily a product that I would buy, but I do find it very interesting. I can definitely see the benefits in that I am guilty of constantly having my eyes glued to my phone screen or continuously pulling my phone out and then putting it up. I also know that I'm very likely to check my phone if I'm aware of receiving a notification, regardless of the type or level of importance. However, it's really cool to see the way that technology is evolving and integrating with all aspects of our lives. It's also slightly alarming... it's okay for a piece of jewelry to just be a piece of jewelry.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really cool idea for a product! I do not know if I would buy it for myself, but I would definitely love to get it as a gift from a family member or friend. It is amazing what we can accomplish with technology nowadays.
ReplyDeleteWow this is so cool! I have never heard of this but I can definitely see people buying into this. I don't know if I will personally buy one for myself because at this point in my life it isn't the biggest deal to pull my phone out, but I can understand people who would want this. Great Blog!!
ReplyDeleteI think that this is definitely an awesome idea! I can't imagine that people would enjoy having piece of jewelry that would flash lights, but the buzzing is definitely a great idea so we aren't as connected to our phones.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's pretty crazy. I'm just curious to know though, what happens when you're involved in a group message/chat and the ring keeps going off? Personally, I would much rather know I have notifications when I decide to check, not when they come through.
ReplyDeleteI never thought something like this was possible. It's amazing how much we can integrate technology into any aspect of our lives. Being a ring lover myself, I definitely think I would join this fad!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that is crazy! Not sure if I would actually invest in one of these... But I probably should! I hate keeping my phone on loud it drives me insane, but I am always missing phone calls because I don't hear it vibrate! This would definitely help me to not miss my phone ringing if it is vibrating on my finger.
ReplyDelete